Every Breath You Take: how to breathe your way to a mindful life
Mindful breathing is direct, natural and easy to learn, it is simply using your breath as a focus or a tool for mindfulness. If you can breathe you can be mindful and once you master this you can access it at any point, wherever you are day or night.
Mindful breathing can help you to:
• Gain an immediate sense of peace - this can be experienced from the first breath
• Helps you accept yourself, other people, and your life, just as they are without
fighting against them
• Connect to your own inner strength
• Achieve an inner sense of well-being, energy, and joy
• Be kinder to yourself and to others
Following on from the hugely successful I Met A Monk , Rose Elliot, renowned vegetarian chef and proponent of mindfulness gently leads the reader on a journey that starts with the teachings of the Buddha on a moonlit evening. In its re-telling she reveals the techniques and teachings of the Buddha, that are as valid today as they were two and a half thousand years ago on mindful breathing.
Every Breath You Take brings a fresh approach to mindfulness that will inspire anyone who hasn't tried it and will bring new life to the practice of those who have. Both practical, personal and inspirational this book will give you the tools and exercises you need to be able to understand and use mindful breathing every day of your life.