When Things Fall Apart: heart advice for difficult times
Here’s some radical and kind advice from an experienced Dharma teacher for those times when everything’s in a mess. Pema Chodron teaches that we need to develop loving-kindness towards ourselves and from that a fearlessly compassionate attitude towards our own pain and that of others. Then, whatever the chaos around us, we can discover the truth and love that are indestructible.
This book covers:
-ways to use painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion and courage.
- ways to communicate that lead to openess and true intimacy with others.
-practices for reversing our negative habitual patterns.
- methods for working with chaotic situations
-ways to cutivate compassionate, energetic for Westerners.
1. Intimacy with Fear
2 When things fall apart
3. This Very Moment is the Perfect Teacher
4. Relax asit is
5 It's Never Too Late
6. Not Causing Harm
7. Hopelessness and Deah
8. Eight Worldly Dharmas
9. Six Kinds of Loniliness
10 Curious about Existence
11. Nonaggression and the Four Maras
12 Growing Up
13. Widening the Circle of Compassion
14. The Love That Will Not Die
15. Going against the Grain
16. Servants of Peace
18. Secret Oral Teachings
19. These Methods for Working on Chaos
20. The Track of Choicelessness
21. Reversing the Wheel of Samsara
22. The Path is the Goal.